Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, April 16, 2018

Week 38 Nkawkaw

WELL! Week 6 (end of this transfer) is coming up! BIG TIME!!!!! TIME IS GOING OOOOOHHHH! 

This week was cool. It started off with an exchange with the elders in a place called Domebra.  Man that place is the BUSH!!  We had to travel for an hour and a half to get there!  My companion and I found a pizza place in a town we passed through.... we immediately dropped out of our tro tro!  50 cedi pizza(about $12)? Worth it! Hahaha!!! 



Anyway, the exchange was cool!  We woke up at 6AM and went to a farm and to harvest some coconuts!  Man, it felt like I was in a sweet episode of survivor!  The exchange was cool, cool though!





My companion and I have been using only the Book of Mormon this past transfer. I actually only carried my Book of Mormon along with the blue covered ones to give away.  The hard work is starting to pay off!  SERIOUS!  Well be having some baptisms this week and maybe a few in the following weeks as well!

All the investigators are doing well. This week Sister Comfort and Vera are being baptized we hope.  They are both part member families so hopefully they go through! 

This whole week I was singing a hymn in my mind, Brightly Beams our Father’s Mercy, #335.  It's a sweet hymn!  At first, I really just liked the tune.  Then, I actually read the hymn. Man its awesome! The third verse gives a great message, at least for me.

Trim your feeble lamp, my brother
Some poor sailor, tempest tossed,
Trying now to make the harbor,
In the darkness may be lost.
Let the Lower light be burning;
Send a gleam across the wave.
Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save.

The worth of souls is great!!! It reminds me of Doctrine and Covenants 18, I think. When it talks about how the worth of souls is great.  If we've saved one soul in our life, we've done our job!  I think it's like 2 scripture mastery scriptures. Read verses 10-16! Anyway, It’s an awesome hymn!

Love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Turner

Also –  Shout Out to Max Brenchley with the mission call to Georgia! Hope you get to play Augusta!


A Couple of Members, Mormon and Ben, just roasting a goat at Mormon's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...