Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, April 23, 2018

Week 39 TRANSFERS TRANSFERS!!!

Well, week 6 of transfer number 6 is over! 7th transfer out here in the GKM is kinda mind blowing if I'm being honest.  My companion and I got an unexpected call this week from our Mission President. It turns out that Elder Johnson is getting transferred to Kumasi!  We were told we would be staying together just a couple days before... but our will is not God’s. So… yeah…. I'll miss Elder Johnson! 

My new companion is Elder Gaddah from Ghana.  We were in the MTC at the same time! I'm excited to work with him!

Aside from saying goodbye to a lot of the members with Elder Johnson, we were able to have a baptism this week. Sister Verra! She was baptized and confirmed a member of the church! It was really cool!  Sister Comfort will hopefully be  baptized next week.  Her husband had to travel this week and wanted to baptize her himself.

Sister Verra on Her Baptism Day

The Font at Nkawkaw



Our teaching pool is great!  We are having some good people to teach!  I hope to be able to find more with Elder Gaddah. He speaks the Local language, Twi, so that will be an awesome tool! 

These are the Kids of a Family We are Teaching


This week I was studying in the Book of Alma. I read a little treasure that was really nice to find! It comes from Alma Chapter 37 verses 38-45!

44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promise land.

45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promise land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of Sorrow into a far better land of promise.

It’s a pretty sweet scripture!  If we heed Christ and come unto him we will be taken from our vale of sorrow to a better land of promise!!!  No Doubt! 
If you want something else to read try 2 Nephi 32:3.

Anyway, I hope all is cool for everyone! If so let me know!

Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...