Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 11


Man, I can believe that week 11 is already here. Seriously! This week was a tough. Just a lot we had to do. Elder Mbithi and I prepared for a baptism the whole week.  We filled the font twice. The man we were planning to baptize is named Brother Asonte.  He traveled this week and couldn't get back for his baptism.  So we had to set it for next week.  That was kinda hard on us.  Also, we only had 33 at our branch this week. Our goal as a companionship is to meet with one less-active member a day.  Because we were so busy we didn't have the time to meet with a lot of them.  We also had Zone Conference this week. It was super cool!  We talked a lot about the Preach My Gospel. That stuff has some good info for the mission! HAHAHAHA!  We talked a lot about going about doing good, or just doing service.  Zone Conference was a big success.

The Techiman Zone baby!

I'll tell you what, I'm getting used to Fufu and Banku. The key is just to dig in, even if you don't like it.  If you start off right you're gonna finish the bowl, but if you start slow you aren't even gonna finish half and your investigator won't feed you again hahah!  But Fufu isn't bad now, We had dinner at a members house last night and it was fufu and Light soup. I actually enjoyed it! HA!

Baby Boy learning to pound fufu

 This week was a long but learning experience. I constantly kept reminding myself of Doctrine and Covenants 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." It's a super simple scripture but I absolutely love it!  It’s super motivating.
I've been getting asked how the teaching is going. Literally everyone out here wants to here about God or Jesus Christ. It's super easy to contact a house, but its the ones who you know will progress is the key. Also a lot of people speak Twi out here, so when we have a Twi speaking investigator we try our best to understand, but we usually call our branch mission leader.  He’s a cool guy, he’s preparing for a mission of his own, so our branch president asks us to take him a lot.  Teaching is awesome. This work truly is amazing. You can literally watch to spirit touch and pierce the hearts of the people we sit down with. It really is amazing to watch.

Our Branch Mission Leader, Gyarko


Kwame wearing his CTR ring

 Anyway, I hope everyone is doing ok in the good ol United States. I hope all you look unto the Savior in every thought! 

Love you all!

Elder Turner


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...