Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, May 13, 2019

Week 94 Kumasi

This week was a loooong week! We put in long hours this week with transfers and all! 

Well, week one of the last transfer is gone! We had some super long hours, but overall it just went by fast! Just the norm out here I guess! We did have transfers this week, so we just had to do a bunch of stuff for that! Monday-Thursday I'd say we totaled up for like 20 hours of sleep!  Our Mission President wouldn't allow us to wake up at 6:30 on Friday.  I little gift of sleep!  Everything went well though. My new companion, Elder Etukudo, is getting settled in to the new routine.

This week we were planning some Baptisms.  The power was still having a problem at the chapel.  So we had to call for a water truck to come and fill our font!  Kinda funny!  They came and filled it in like 2 minutes Hahaha!  Saturday was a great day though.  We were able to baptize Evans and Boga.  The other companionship was able to baptize three kids!  Not a bad day! They were all confirmed and everything went well! No complaints. 

Evans is the far left and Boga is standing next to me


Our area is still progressing! Our referral machine of a member, Brother Martin is still pounded them out!  We just got some seriously sad news that he is moving for a job on the 8th of June! He is trying to give us as many people as he can before he leaves!  Everyday he calls us to tell us, "Yeah, I just talked to one guy that seemed interested." God will bless Martin! 

This week we were able to bring in the new missionaries from the airport. I just reflected on what was ahead of them! Hahaha!  President Webster read them this amazing story!  The comparisons are amazing! So I'll just copy it down here! 

 “Two battleships assigned to the training squadron had been at sea on maneuvers in heavy weather for several days. I was serving on the lead battleship and was on watch on the bridge as night fell. The visibility was poor with patchy fog, so the captain remained on the bridge keeping an eye on all activities. 

Shortly after dark, the lookout on the wing of the bridge reported, "Light, bearing on the starboard bow."

 "Is it steady or moving astern?" The captain called out.

 Lookout replied, "Steady, captain," which meant we were on a dangerous collision course with that ship. The captain then called to the signalman, "Signal that ship: We are on a collision course, advise you to change course 20 degrees."

Back came a signal, "Advisable for you to change course 20 degrees."

The captain said, "Send, I'm a captain, change course 20 degrees."

"I'm a seaman second class," came the reply. "You had better change course 20 degrees." By that time, the captain was furious. He spat out, "Send; I'm a battleship. Change course 20 degrees."

Back came the flashing light, "I'm a lighthouse." 

We changed course.  

There is really a couple of ways to look at the story! I just think of who my "lighthouses" are! Think about it! We have a perfect lighthouse that is always looking out for us! I think we should always follow his counsel! 

Things are just moving along you know? Love you all! Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers out there!

Elder Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...