Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 35 Nkawkaw

Busy busy busy busy...... This week was freaking busy!

At district council on Tuesday our district leader was showing us our weekly accountability.  He put up our mission standard, which is; 2 Books of Mormon, 2 new investigators, and 2 baptismal dates per day. Then he show us what our accountability is currently!  What we have been thinking as acceptable this whole time is not that acceptable.

Our District

My companion and I decided to take the challenge and do the mission standard. We completely changed our focus! Straight Book of Mormon!  We packed away the Bible and were hoofing around with 5 Books of Mormon each. Hahaha! We had a really successful week, even though we had a ridiculously busy week for the Zone.

We were able to find a man named Kennedy.  Man, that was the most powerful spiritual lesson ever.  The day before we met him my companion and I passed by his house (we both had an impression to speak with him but ignored it.) I literally said at that moment "Its hard to recognize and follow spiritual impressions" then we went about our day. 

The next day we both said to each other “We need to go to a house.”  It turned out we both were thinking of the same house!!! Coincidence? I think not.... Divine design... hahah!  We ended up having a really spiritual lesson and all eyes were watery.  All he could say is he'll come to the church! SWEET!

So yah, the week was busy.  My companion and I spent an entire day trying to make a Powerpoint for Zone Conference this coming week.  We also had District Conference!  2 District Conferences in 3 weeks for me!! haha! 

Me, Elder Johnson, Elder Smith and Elder Morisho

I was reading in The Book of Mormon this week about one of my favorite prophets, Abinadi!  In Mosiah 16 he talks about how we would be in a fallen state without Jesus Christ! 


A painting by Arnold Friberg depicting Abinadi’s wrists bound in chains while he is standing and preaching to King Noah and his wicked priests.

Verse 6 says; 
"And now if Christ had not come into the world, speaking of things to come as though they had already come, there could have been no redemption."

To sum it up my dad told me something I'll never forget; 
"We would be nothing but the dust of the earth without Jesus Christ."

I hope everyone will read Mosiah 16.  It’s one of my favorites!

Love you all I hope you have a sweet Conference weekend!

Elder Turner

The view from our apartment
We climb that hill 2 or 3 times a week to get the accountability from the elders that work in that area.  They don't have a phone!

Pineapple!

These little guys share our apartment! They die every day but more show up the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...