Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 30 Obuasi

30 weeks! Wow! This week was not the greatest week in the world! I was sick on Thursday and had to stay in with one of the other missionaries in my apartment that happened to be sick also.  So the week just dragged along, but its life you know? What can you do? 

ANYWAY! We had Zone Conference this week. It was needed. The only thing we talked about was the Book of Mormon. Our numbers for baptisms in the mission have been going down.  The only other stat that has gone down with it is the number of Books of Mormon handed out. Get the Picture? The key to success out here in the Mission field is The Book of Mormon. 
Elder Yates

Elder Dudley

My TCs (Elders from My MTC Group) at Zone Conference

We were asked a question... What is your favorite scripture in the Book of Mormon? Everyone was asked to share their favorite verse and read it. Then they told us see how the Book of Mormon, even just one verse can inspire you in so many different ways! Then why can it to our investigators?

Our area is doing well. We are having some good investigators progress, Helena, Angela, and Mariam. They are all coming to church and are keeping their commitments to read and all that!  I think they'll have a good chance at being baptized!  The Branch is also doing ok! We haven't had any problems yet! 
Brother Robert

This week I was reading in 4 Nephi.  Man that chapter is POWERFUL!  The Book is only 1 chapter, 49 verses, and you can learn the key to LIFE!  In verses 15-17 it talks about how the Nephites and Lamanites where having no contention in the land because of their LOVE OF GOD.  If you remember the scripture "If ye love me, keep my commandments,” well that’s what happened.  No envyings, nor lyings, nor murders, no robbers, etc...  Unfortunately later in the chapter the whole Nephite nation falls away and they begin to have contention again... Why?  They weren't keeping the commandments and there was no love for God!

I love this chapter... the key to life, love God & keep His commandments. 

Love Elder Turner



No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...