Mission call

Called to serve the Lord in the Ghana Kumasi Mission

Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 21 Techiman

Well, transfer #3 has come to a close and yet I still find myself in Dwumoh hahahaha! Gotta love Dwumoh. No, really this place is cool. This week was a good week. I found myself in Sunyani this week for our Christmas Zone Conference. It was sweet! We had some good fun and also some very spiritual moments. We had a nativity scene and to be honest I've never in my life watched people preform a nativity. So it was a very spiritual thing! So ya, zone conference was cool, I even got to see my father Elder Mbithi. I sent our family picture!! 

My Father and My Son!

Around here in Techiman, it definitely doesn't look like Christmas.  It's only like 95-100 degrees everyday, and the dust will make your lungs and white shirts BROWN hahah!  But we are doing a lot of activities with all 4 branches here in Techiman.  This Saturday we had a huge multi-branch carols night.  We basically just sang every Christmas song in the Hymn book.  It was so cool to see all the members in one chapel!  So the moral of this paragraph is it doesn't look like Christmas, but we are doing everything we can to make it feel like it!

Elder Dago is doing well, my only son born in the wilderness. His English is coming along great! He also has a great view for this area which is all you need. Usually they send missionaries to this area to die (go home) or missionaries that are already dead hahah! Serious! So all you need is just a little drive in this area and you'll be ok!

Elder Dago and I at Zone Conference

This week I had some cool spiritual thoughts come to mind.  Especially now that it is the Christmas holiday!  I love being able to share about Christ’s birth as a route to a nice lesson.  Something that really stood out to me is a Quote by Elder Bednar. "We should be doers of the word, not hearers only.''  I put that quote right on the front page of my triple combination!  It is a good reminder to always follow the gospel and the Words of Christ and Heavenly Father.  I invite all you to do the same!

WELL I hope you guys are enjoying your Christmas holidays wherever you are in the world!

Elder Turner

The primary class I taught on Sunday (notice the kid in the middle who is totally asleep)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week

WHAT THE!?   Can you believe this? I just can't believe that my last week email is here. I could write so much but I just don't kno...